Things I learned helping my mother iron every Saturday of my childhood (life lessons from my Mom):
1. My Dad actually blows his nose over and over again in the same handkerchief each day. Just one of MANY I had to iron every Saturday morning. I don’t get that. AT ALL.
2. Mom used to tell me “Things always have a way of working themselves out.” I find that she is right about this 95% of the time, even when it comes to cancer.
3. Don’t sweat the small stuff – ironic as I would sweat from the heat of the iron.
4. The smell of homemade chocolate chip cookies baking makes everything more bearable.
5. Share a laugh EVERY DAY with someone you care about. It just feels good!